Coconut Rice: adapted from Color Me Vegan
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups of uncooked brown rice
- salt to taste
- 4 TB unsweetened coconut flakes
- Bring the rice, water and coconut milk to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Cover, reduce the heat to low, and allow to simmer until the rice is tender (about 30-40 minutes)
- Season with salt and coconut flakes.
Thai Tofu with Peanut Sauce: adapted from 500 Vegan Recipes
- 1/2 cup of veggie broth
- 2 TB flour
- 3 TB crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp of sriracha chili sauce
- 1 TB sucanat
- 1 TB rice vinegar
- 2 TB Braggs Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 TB peanut oil
- 1 14 ounce block of tofu, pressed and cubed
- Whisk together the flour and broth until dissolved. Add the peanut butter, sriracha, sucanat, vinegar and Braggs and mix together.
- In a skillet heat the peanut oil over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and cook until it browns on all sides.
- Pour the sauce on top, lower the heat and cook until the sauce has covered the tofu and thickened.
Hope that everyone had a great morning! I’m a little late in posting today, but late is better than not at all =). My day is a busy one – volunteering this morning, cleaning this afternoon, work, cooking, picking up my sister, and then a potluck later tonight probably followed by relaxing with Nathan! (I am very blessed). On a less relevant note – did anyone watch Top Chef last night??? Congratulations to Richard!!! (I watched it at like midnight and woke up Nathan with my excitement after they announced it – dorky… probably). Have a great Thursday!