This meal was wonderfully comforting. A vegan healthy corn pudding that tastes like its delicious dairy-laden cousin =) A pumpkin seitan sausage with sauteed baby bellas and a delicious carrot puree…. yes, comforting indeed…
Let me just say that the words carrot puree do not normally excite me. In fact as I was preparing this dish from Color Me Vegan, I had pretty low expectations… not sure why but boy was I wrong! This was absolutely delicious! I will definitely me making it again and again! =)
Carrot Puree: adapted from Color Me Vegan
- 1/2 cup veggie stock
- 6 large carrots cut into uniform chunks
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 TB nondairy milk (I used my homemade oat milk)
- 1 TB sucanat
- 1 TB olive oil
- Bring the vegetable broth to a boil and add the carrots and the salt. Simmer until the carrots are softened.
- Place the carrots, veggie broth and milk in a food processor and pulse until desired texture.
- Add the sucanat and olive oil and pulse again – Enjoy!
Pumpkin Fauxsage: from 500 Vegan Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups wheat gluten
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp granulated onion
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 TB Sucanat
- 3/4 cup of veggie broth
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 TB safflower oil
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix the wet ingredients in a smaller bowl and then add to the dry ingredients. You may add more pumpkin puree if the mixture is too dry. Knead the dough.
- You can either shape into one long log and wrap in foil and bake at 325 for 1 1/2 hours or I separated the fauxsage into 5 sausage links, wrapped them in foil and steamed them for around an hour.
Hope that everyone has a great Wednesday! I am planning tofu and coconut brown rice for tonight =)