Beet Burgers: from Veggie Burgers Every Which Way
- 3 medium beets scrubbed, cleaned and grated
- 4 TB olive oil
- 1 red onion diced
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 TB red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups cooked red beans
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Heat 2 TB olive oil in saute pan over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook until softened. Add the beets and salt. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes (until the beets are completely soft). Add the vinegar and remove from heat.
- Coarsely mash the beans and rice in a large bowl. Add the beet mixture and spices. Shape into six patties.
- Heat remaining 2 TB olive oil in an oven safe saute pan and sear burgers on both sides (2-4 minutes on each side). Place in a 375 degree oven for around 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!