These sandwiches, along with the sweet potato peanut butter fries made for a nicely filling vegan dinner. =) Once the bread was made and the sweet potatoes chopped – the meal came together relatively quickly.
- I used this recipe for the tofu. I then baked the tofu on a greased cookie sheet at 400 for around 25 minutes.
- The bread recipe was adapted from The Homesteader’s Kitchen and I was pleased with the flavor & texture =)
- The pesto was just a mix of hazelnuts, cilantro, olive oil, salt, garlic & nutritional yeast. (I don’t love the hazelnut flavor, but it was the only type of nuts I had in the freezer)
- I also caramelized some green onions & brushed the bread with a homemade vinaigrette
- The sweet potato fry recipe can be found here. I’ve made it many times, but this was the first time I substituted peanut butter for almond butter and it turned out just as delicious =)